Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mad Spammer? ...... Mois?

I've been kicked out of a fair few places in my time.... out of class for mucking around, out of Bnei Akiva (melbourne of course - I'm from Sydney) camp for much the same, clubs for not wearing a tie.

All of these incidents had some form of reason for cause and effect, with the ousters being pretty vocal in why the ousting was being carried out.

This week, I joined a facebook goup called "Tales from the hood", a Mitzpe Nevo, so called action group. Thought it might be a bit of a laugh to see what people posted. As it turns out, the group, moderated by a guy who likes to blow his own "horn" (now there's a play on words that I won't apologise for), encourages people to report on the weather in different parts of Mitzpe Nevo on the same day, launches an "investigative report" on who leaves old books outside the pizza shop, some pretty silly comments about Jacob Richman's "MA-Chat group (which provides a valuable source of information and networking) and comments on who drinks what at the carlebach minyan kiddush. There was one potentially interesting report on kids throwing stones, but didnt see any follow up.

But I digress, a few days after joining, I check out the group and lo and behold, I'm booted out. No message saying "mate we don't want your type here" or some more polite version. Just a comment by the horn blower about a "mad spammer".

OK, so I join again, and lo and behold, kicked off again, with another comment by the horn blower apologising for not pressing the "permanently excluded" button and yet more comments about the "mad spammer".

This was interesting. I know that I take individualism to a high plane and make my own mold (yeah I know... I'm in my fat stage yet again and need my own mold anyway) and probably am a bit mad/eccentric....but I have never spammed anyone (at least not by any definition of spam that I have seen).

Anyway, I thought that it was pretty cowardly of the horn blower to use his exclude option without at least having the courtesy of sending me a message, and I told him so via his facebook page, and even left him my mobile, in case he was man enough to give me a call.

Well, he didnt give me a call......ergo, the second part of the above sentence

2 comments:

  1. Join the crowd. They freely kick out anyone who disagrees with them. Know of two people besides you. Seems all they want to do is spread their own form of loshen hara innuendos, etc.

    The only "truth" they accept is the one they say, the only voice they want to hear is their own.

    Bottom line - tales of the hood seems more like a bunch of people who want to pull the hood over people's eyes with their tales and nasty comments. From what I can see, this is a group that likes to sit back, watch others do things, and then complain rather than do anything good for the neighborhood.

    Personally, I'm sick of their bashing MA-CHAT and Jacob Richman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I got kicked out twice too. Wonder if there's a special reward for those who manage to get kicked out three times.

    ReplyDelete