Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Don't assume" she said

Traci was right.....I went a bit over the top on the last post and apologies are definitely in order for making a point at Miriam's expense. as Miriam said after I sent an apology.

"Everybody has a right to his or her opinions and I would never want or expect an apology for your opinions. However, it would have been nice if your email included an apology for completely twisting my words around and making gross assumptions- NONE of which were true. You should be careful with the assumptions that you make in the future and the slander that you seem to enjoy spreading"

It wasn't meant to be slanderous, but yes, I did twist things around to suit my own assumptions and opinions.

But for the issues I raise, I dont apologise. I've lived enough years in this city as to be identified with its supporters.

I consistently vote for Benny Cashriel as mayor because I believe that his track record is way above anything any of the opposition so far could offer (this is not a personal attack).

I cannot abide religious coercion. I dont believe that HaRav Deutch is good for the city and the politics that brought him here was unfortunate to say the least.

I saw an Ohr Tora Stone school torpedoed a few years ago, Maale HaTorah took its place. Different Hashkafat olam, but the potential for another takeover is there

I think that people who divide their houses into apartments for business (as opposed to an internally accessed apartment that has planning approval (one only) for parents or kids) should be be prosecuted.

I think that the city planning department is a bit too rigid in certain issues, but given the last point, maybe thats understandable.

I think that the city rates are still too low and could be raised a bit more.

I am no saint and have made more mistakes than most.

All of the I,I,I stuff above is to stress that these are my own opinions. They are written in this blog and I welcome comments of any sort. Try not to be "bachyanim" or "yefe nefesh"

The blog is not professional (no way will I ever make any advertising money out of this) and is meant to be provocative so I guess I'll keep on getting into trouble. Its written badly as well...... tough (mostly for me) though

And Miriam (Shear) and Leora....there is tons of stuff I like about Maale Adumim and its inhabitants

My friend Jacob once told me off, saying that as far as he was concerned, I could write anything I wanted in a blog, but that superfluous discussions shouldnt be posted to MA-Chat, so in that spirit, I every so often post a link and usually say that comments should be in the blog and not on MA-Chat. Forgot this time
If people decide that they have to respond within MA-Chat, thats unfortunate and gets on Jacob's wick.

Shavua Tov to all
I'm off to eat some more humble pie

No comments:

Post a Comment